Wednesday, August 29, 2007

G.I. Jane Wannabe

So, I’ve been running my ass off all summer trying to get it into gear for bootcamp come Sept. 12th. I’ve run come rain or shine, 108 degrees or 88 degrees. I’ve run up hills and down hills. I’ve run for distance, and I’ve sprinted like the very demons from Hell were behind me. I’ve even run through shin splints and a hangover or two. I’ve run 5-6 days a week and still, I cannot run more than 2.25 miles!!! Situps, no problem! I can do 45 of those in 2 minutes. Pushups are yet another of my nemeses, I can’t move past 17...BUT I can say that I do a damn fine REAL pushup! Now time is slipping away on me, instead of three months, I now have less than three weeks. Will I be ready? Will Demi kick my ass after all? Surely I’m not that much of a woos! Will my DSs grandma spit on me as she wizzes by me in her walker??? Will I be eating the dust of all the little hottie 18-year-olds? Geez, I hope not! My only hope is that I don’t embarrass myself so that everybody will think, geez we really have let our standards down to be letting her old, wannabe ass in! Anyways, wish me luck and endurance and willpower, because I’m gonna need it all to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment