Thursday, December 1, 2011

Are you a Conservative, Liberal or Somewhere in Between?

There are many people in our great country who think that there are only two political parties that they have to choose from when they walk into the poll booth and pull the curtain shut: Democrat or Republican...Fortunately for us all, they’re wrong! Equally disturbing is that many Americans choose their political representatives based upon what others tell them about a particular candidate, or sometimes even basing their choice on the party for whom their parents or their family have always voted!! To be honest, for years I have ignored my right to vote simply because I refused to "choose the lesser of two evils," thinking why waste my time to vote when the party I preferred "would never" have a chance at winning. Luckily, I have just one year to rectify that, and I intend to put my ballot in this time just because, darn it, I can! Maybe if more of us where adamant about our right to vote and were more well-versed in the parties available to us, and what party we are actually more geared toward, more people would take advantage of this hard-won privilege. I found out many years ago by taking a simple "political" test that I was neither a "Democrat" nor was I a "Republican." My gosh! No wonder I never liked any of those dumb candidates!!! Here’s the test I took: http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html . What am I, you ask? I’m actually almost at the very extreme point of Libertarianism. If you’re interested in finding out more about my political preference, check out their website: http://www.lp.org/ or check out Wikipedia’s definition of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Party_%28United_States%29 . So what are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment